- April 2022- April 2023
- 8 New benches in Harley and Wentworth. 5 additional new ones ordered locations to be finalised. (Monies from the Wentworth Charity)
- Drawn up a Schedule of locations and condition of the benches.
- Complied an approved contractors list that work for the Parish council.
- Arranged for the Community skips 25th March.
- Ground maintenance contract been set up for 2023 – 24.
- Councillors are inspecting the defibrillators in Harley and at Street.
- Playground equipment is being inspected at Harley by Councillors’ new replacement equipment purchased and installed.
- Held several meeting with the Parish Council insurers and, loss adjusters and structural engineers in regards to Wentworth Pavilion due to water leak and the damaged caused.
- Wrote to the Mayor, John Heeley, CEO of SYPTE.
- Held a meeting for all stakeholders and businesses including WVCA – WRA 15 invites went out 4 attended.
- Dealing with the MP & Mayors is regards to the lack of the bus service in Wentworth.
- Organised and ran Warm space meals.(Monies from the Wentworth Charity)
- Arranged with RMBC Environmental Dept for air sampling on Main Street Wentworth.(Lamppost number 11 is where the sampling device is installed)
- Dealing with the traffic issues in the village which is still ongoing.
- Several planning applications discussed and approved in the parish.
- Compiled the Parish Councils Grit bin Locations Plan and re stocked.
- Coronation flags have been ordered.
- Beacon will not be lit due to the government’s advice, as it is less than a year since the Queen passed.
- We as the Parish Council have not increased the Precepts this year due to the current financial strains on families.
- Set up an Approved list of Contractors.
- Removed all debris from the recent incident with one of the bench’s outside the Mechanics Hall. Wentworth.
- Bench is to be replaced with a new bench following the accident at Friers Croft.
- Bus shelter at Harley resident reported graffiti we arranged for repainting and a CCTV sign erected.
- Harley play ground equipment parts replaced that have rotted plus repaired a ceased bearing on the pyramid play equipment.
- Harley- Displayed car park closing times.
- Several Discussions with the loss adjuster and insures regarding the pavilion at Wentworth.
- Meeting with Wentworth Woodhouse and the estates to discuss the new car parking facilities proposed by WW. And the Estates.
- Attended Wentworth Church to welcome for the licensing and installation of the new vicar.
- Light the church up and Harley Mission Rooms (Red/White/Blue) for the Coronation.
- Meeting with contractors for the estimates for the pavilion at Wentworth
- Applied to RMBC for Lee Brook Lane resurfacing
- Applied to RMBC for Lea Brook Lane traffic calming notices and signs “Slow” road markings traffic restrictions.
- Head several discussions with SYPT , Mayor and John Heeley MP Reinstatement of the number 7 bus service from Barnsley to Rotherham.
- RMBC have started to monitor air quality at a various locations in Wentworth but we haven’t obtained any data yet. We will be receiving the results monthly. The sampling tubes are sent to a laboratory for analysis and we generally receive results about 4 weeks after the end of a sampling period. It is generally a good idea to look at a minimum of 3 months data before making any assessment.
- Attended Wentworth Church to welcome for the licensing and installation of the new vicar.
- Reinstatement of the bus service through Wentworth Barnsley – Rotherham return.(Please refer to Reinstatement and bus of the Bus service and bu timetable under the heading of Latest News & Updates)
- Contacted RMBC & Powergen regarding the street lights not working on Main
- Street, Barrowfields & Street Lane following the recent power cuts to the areas and recent repairs by Powergen.
- RMBC have contacted Powergen to repair within the next 20 days. (Damaged underground cable)
- Reported to RMBC the number of Rattling inspection chamber lids Main Street.
- Requested again to RMBC to undertake speed watch survey in Wentworth.
- Received the first Air monitoring survey report from RMBC which is from March and April 2023. Readings are as follows: ug/m3 are 17 (March) and 16 (April). Therefore, these results are saying that the air quality in Wentworth is currently to good standard.
- Inside of the Bus Shelters have been painted on Main Street
- New swing seats for Harley Play equipment have been ordered. Once delivered they will be installed.
- Hedges have cut both by RMBC & Estates in various locations throughout Went worth and the immediate surroundings.
- Arranged with RMBC for the gullies to be cleaned in various locations in Wentworth and the immediate surroundings.
- Obtained three quotations for the refurbishment of the pavilion at Wentworth for the loss adjusters.
- Arranged a meeting on site in Wentworth with Parish Councillors and RMBC in regards to traffic calming through the village.
- Set up some dates for DIAL to attend the Mechanics Hall.
- Set up a collection schedule/contract with RMBC for the waste bins in Harley children’s play ground (one per week).
- Contacted by a resident about the traffic lights on Main Street adjacent the main car park. Contacted RMBC Permit manager to see if the lights can be moved, moved in the morning. (Removed that day).
- There is an entrance from the Beer Garden at the Rockingham Arms Public House, which leads directly onto the playing field which is causing the Parish Council some serious issues. The issues are that beer glasses, beer bottles, rubbish (crips bags etc etc) and dog faeces, both in bags and loose on the playing field are being left on the playing fields.
- Our ground maintenance contractor who cuts the fields has now refused to cut the embankment between the main playing field and the cricket field due to the glass and dog faeces in bags. What is happening is people are having a drink and a meal in the beer garden, then they just go through the entrance onto the field with their dogs before leaving. Also, when there is a function at The Rockingham Arms, people spill out of the barn and pub onto the playing field, again leaving glasses and bottles.
- The way forward was that we contacted Green King directly at their head offices and also the manager at the public house about the gates entrance from the beer garden at The Rockingham arms. The manager has agreed that it needs to made safe, a gate and additional signs to be in place.
- Held an onsite meeting with RMBC highways department regarding a way forward regarding traffic claiming through the village.
- Double yellow lines partially down both sides of Clayfield Lane (out for consultation)
- Meetings with the Insurance companies Loss Adjusters and surveyors regarding the Pavilion at Wentworth.
- Leaflet drop carried out regarding dog faeces in Wentworth and playing field.
- New litter bin has been requested from RMBC for the bus stop on Main Street
- Timber Bus shelters are to be re treated with wood preservative. Harley, Wentworth & Nether Hough.
- Requested that the Stone SYPTE bus shelters on main street are re-painted, these have been completed.
- Hedges are to be trimmed back on the bus shelters and Defibrillator at Street.
- Notice board in Wentworth to be treated with timber preservative.
- Dog Wardens within RMBC have been contacted to find a way forward in regards to dogs on the playing fields. Following on from recent discussions with RMBC we have now arranged for a Dog Warden to frequently visit, and to show a presence at Wentworth Playing field including the main Car Park.
- The damaged waste bin in the bus shelter on Main Street has now been replaced with a new one.Also, a new waste bin has been replaced with a new one.
- Contacted John Healey MP in regards to the new bus service (number 7) not arriving as per the timetable (no show of bus with no reasons why from the bus provider).
- Street Lights reported to RMBC as they are not working on Main Street and Churchfield Lane.
- Reported to RMBC Street pride 3 times and also Northern Power to investigate and repair..
- A lady who lives in Sussex, Mrs Elizibeth Broadbridge, recently read the book ” Black Diamonds” by Catherine Bailey, which is about the Fitzwilliam family of Wentworth House.
- In the book there is an account of the life of Edgar Bower who was born in Wentworth in 1917. His mother was May Bower, but his father was unknown, though there were many rumours about his parentage.
- He had a very sad life and died in February 1996 and is buried in Wentworth. Mrs Broadbridge has been unbearably moved by the story of his life and would like to place some flowers on his grave to let him know he is not forgotten.
- Therefore, Mrs Broadbridge has donated £25.00 to the parish council who are willing to purchase some flowers for her and place them on to grave of Edgar Bower.
- With Mrs Broadbridge living in Sussex, she would find it difficult to make the journey to Yorkshire.
Timber Bus shelters
- The timber bus shelter on Sheffield Road (Hoyland Side) has been repaired and repainted and also that the shrubbery has been removed from around it.
- The timber bus shelter on Sheffield Road (Harley Side) has been repainted.
- The timber bus shelter on Barrowfields has been repainted and the shrubbery removed from around it.
- The timber bus shelter at Nether Hough has been repaired & repainted.
Playground Equipment – Harley
- Replacement play equipment has been purchased for the playground at Harley. New swing seats, timber stepping units and new timber cross members.
Street Lights -Main Street
- The PC have contacted both RMBC and Northern Power on several occasions regarding the street lights not working on Main Street at Wentworth.
The street lights were repaired on the 24th November and are all working.
Harley Playing Field Pedestrian Entrance
- The car park footpath pedestrian access edging to the footpath at Harley Playing-field has been repaired . A new timber edging has been installed to replace the rotten and damaged one. The existing one was so badly damaged and rotten that a person or persons could have received a serious injury from slip, trip & falls.
Beacon @ Wentworth Main Car Park
- The Beacon at Wentworth Car park has been removed today by the PC, before it gets any worse to read the inscription. (Going to get a quotation to refurb)